Legion Forums

Legion Forums (http://www.legionhq.org/index2.php)
-   The Colosseum (http://www.legionhq.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Signature Banners - Guide (http://www.legionhq.org/showthread.php?t=64)

HobbieRogue4 18-09-2002 04:24

Signature Banners - Guide

Why use a signature banner?
Legion has a tradition, one that's almost as lasting as its Latin slogan. From the first time Fred used an image in his forum signature, to the latest works old Iliad members produced, Legion's members, for the most part, have sported images and words to provide a unique insight into who they are. As Legion moves on, so does our tradition.

You are by no means required to have a signature banner, a number of people do not, but each and every Legion member (and non-member) are more than welcome to. Here's some FAQs and tips:

[img] Code does not work!
Normally, we place our signature URLs in our, well, signature areas. Unfortunately, this does not work. To get your signature to display like mine, you need to first have 3+ posts.

Next, go to Control Panel, Edit Options, Edit Avatar, and click the 'yes' "Use custom avatar" and insert the URL to your signature banner in the field available to you. Click 'Submit Modifcations' button and you're done.

Note: [img] tagging is not needed, just the complete URL to your banner.

Signature Banner sizing!
Currently, you are advised to use 425x75-100 for conformity to the rest of Legion, and also, no one likes seeing huge banners. It puts a strain on forum load, so please respect this. Anything larger will result in editing (removal) of your signature.

Looking for a signature banner and/or host?
You are encouraged to request one of Legion's members who is willing and able to make a signature banner for you. As for hosting capabilities, I myself am able to host banners, but I ask that you keep them no larger than 50kb in size (I will personally shorten your file sizing if necessary).

I hope this helps. Good luck, and enjoy! 8)

Edit
Signature sizing is now regulated to 425x100 or smaller. Anything larger will be edited (removed) accordingly.

August 25, 2004
I no longer can host banners as I have no location anymore. In addition, the forums retain a banner uploaded to your account until which time you replace it with a new one.

darmok 18-09-2002 05:08

Re: Signature Banners - Guide

Quote:

Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
Why use a signature banner?

Currently, the available sizing regulations is 425x425 pixels

A bit huge don't you agree :)?
The allowed size actually is 425x75 pixels.

Praetorian 18-09-2002 09:40

Edit my sigpic plz ;)

Vladel_old 18-09-2002 10:01

This is really fkd up then heh

Dirtball 18-09-2002 11:14

Good post there Hobbie and i belive its time to open up the Siggie shop aswell...dont u agree :D

ramp 18-09-2002 14:13

Quote:

Originally posted by Praetorian
Edit my sigpic plz ;)
done this done that

]x[ 18-09-2002 17:18

Resized mine :D

HobbieRogue4 18-09-2002 18:06

Re: Re: Signature Banners - Guide

Quote:

Originally posted by darmok
The allowed size actually is 425x75 pixels.
When I first attempted to size my signature, the forums stated 425x425, so go figure. :D

Praetorian: http://decimator.virtualave.net/imag...ian_legion.jpg

Praetorian 18-09-2002 19:57

Quote:

Originally posted by Rampage
done this done that
Woohoo \o/

Def2K 18-09-2002 20:46

Im gonna force my little sister into using her 1337 skillz to produce a COOL siggie for me :)

I still LOVE you sigs Hobbie... But I promised the little bitch :D

chemical 18-09-2002 21:19

Quote:

Originally posted by Dirtball
Good post there Hobbie and i belive its time to open up the Siggie shop aswell...dont u agree :D
Yes, I'd like a new signature banner from you mistar :D

]x[ 19-09-2002 15:55

Quote:

Originally posted by Dirtball

Still waiting from a siggy from DB. He told me he would make me one this whole round, and i'm still waiting ;)

Dirtball 19-09-2002 21:01

Quote:

Originally posted by ]x[
Still waiting from a siggy from DB. He told me he would make me one this whole round, and i'm still waiting ;)
heh man...the siggie u have now aint bad at all.
But if u still wants one i will do one.

Dirtball 19-09-2002 21:02

Quote:

Originally posted by chemical
Yes, I'd like a new signature banner from you mistar :D
Alright i will fix u one

Molotov 20-09-2002 01:05

After finishing uni i have quite a bit of spare time on my hands while trying to find a job, so am happy to make any sigs for people. If you'd like any special theme, phrase etc let me know and i'll get right onto it. If not i'll just use my wonderful imagination and you'll get what you're given ;)

However i expect most people will want sigs to be done by the masterful db, who is a king amongst sig makers btw, so maybe i'll have to find something else to do with my spare time ;)

Xriz 20-09-2002 20:14

i may also be able to do some sigy banners l8er

patsz 21-09-2002 00:27

Quote:

Originally posted by Molotov
After finishing uni i have quite a bit of spare time on my hands while trying to find a job, so am happy to make any sigs for people. If you'd like any special theme, phrase etc let me know and i'll get right onto it. If not i'll just use my wonderful imagination and you'll get what you're given ;)

However i expect most people will want sigs to be done by the masterful db, who is a king amongst sig makers btw, so maybe i'll have to find something else to do with my spare time ;)

w00t, u know i like ure stile \o/ so i would love it if u would make another one, like the one i have now and as u have but then more in the portal colors (maybe let that nice "topic blue" come back in it \o/)

plsssssss? :D

Molotov 21-09-2002 00:32

woohoo my first customer :D